graduate gemologist / Master Goldsmith
Robert started his jewelry training in 2001 with study at Lorenzo De’ Medici school of art in Florence, Italy. Upon returning home to the University of Iowa, Rob changed majors from Engineering to Fine Arts and graduated with a BA in 2004. He continued his study of the Jewelry Arts at the Gemological Institute of America, known as the GIA. Subsequently graduating with a degree as a Graduate Jeweler Gemologist along with an Associates Degree in Business.
More about Rob Officer...
He started working career in 2006 in Ithaca, New York with a traditional internship with Master Goldsmith, Freed Abdulky. Since then he has worked for numerous jewelry companies as a freelance CAD designer, bench jeweler, and has owned his own jewelry store. His current position is Goldsmith and CAD designer at Weber Goldsmith Gallery. Rob is married to Jennifer Phillips.
- BFA in Metalsmithing /art from the University of Iowa 2000-2004
- Lorenzo De’ Medici School of art Florence Italy, Jewelers Study 2003
- GIA Graduate Jeweler Gemologist, Carlsbad, CA 2004-2006
- Internship at Abdulki Jewelry Manufacturing, Ithica, NY 2006-2007
- Self-employed Goldsmith/CAD designer, 2007-2012
- Weber Goldsmith Gallery, Carmel, Ca 2012-2021